Free Assessment
Request A Quote

Employer Nomination Visa(186)

Employer Nomination Visa(186)

The Employer Nomination Scheme (ENS) allows Australian employers to sponsor employees who are foreign nationals for a permanent visa to work in Australia.

This visa is for Australian employers who want to sponsor highly skilled workers for a permanent visa to work in their business. The employees can be either:
  • highly skilled workers from overseas
  • highly skilled temporary residents currently in Australia
  • If you are currently living or working in Australia on a qualifying visa, you can apply for the ENS (subclass 856) visa. If you do not hold a qualifying visa, you may still be eligible to apply in Australia for ENS if you last held a qualifying visa no more than 28 days prior to lodging an application.

    The ENS (subclass 121) visa is for applicants who are outside Australia.

    Note : If you do not hold a qualifying visa, you can apply for the ENS (subclass 121) visa and lodge your application in Australia, however you must be outside Australia at the time of visa grant.

    You must pay a non-refundable application charge.

    This visa allows you and any dependent family members included in your visa application to live as permanent residents in Australia.
    Australian permanent residents can:
    • live and work in Australia on a permanent basis
    • study in Australia at school or university
    • receive subsidised healthcare through Medicare and the Pharmaceutical Benefits Scheme (PBS)
    • access certain social security payments (subject to waiting periods)
    • be eligible for Australian citizenship (subject to the residency eligibility criteria)
    • sponsor people for permanent residence.

Your Trusted Visa Partner