United Kingdom Prospective Entrepreneur
- Your proposed business funding must be £50,000 to £200,000 and you must be able to prove that your business is being considered for funding by 1 or more:
- Registered venture capitalist firms regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- UK entrepreneurial seed-funding competitions endorsed by UK Trade and Investment
- UK government departments
- Sponsor letters
How long you can stay:
- You can stay in the UK for up to 6 months.
- You can also apply to change (‘switch’) to a Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa anytime within 6 months.
Tier 1 Entrepreneur visa: This Visa allows you to stay there for 3 years and 4 months.
What you can and can’t do in UK…
- go to meetings, conferences, interviews or site visits
- go to trade fairs, as long as they’re only for promoting your business and don’t involve selling anything directly to the public
- arrange deals, trade agreements or contracts
- speak at a one-off, not-for-profit conference
- check details of products and buy them
- recruit staff, as long as it’s for the business allowed by your visa
- live in the UK for extended periods in the same category
- work, including selling merchandise
- get public funds
- marry or register a civil partnership, or give notice of marriage or civil partnership
- get private medical treatment
- extend your visa into same category or switch into another category except tier 1 Entrepreneur
- bring in family members (‘dependents’) – they must apply separately